Coffee!

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PF, Oct 8, 2013.

1. PF

PF Administrator Staff Member

Any other coffee lovers on site? If so what's your favorite brand and preparation?

If I had to limit it to one style and bean I would go nuts, but I like my Melitta pour over single cup with most and arabica dark roast.

2. Andi

Andi New Member

No, I'm not ...sorry ...

3. havasu

havasu Banned

I can't live without coffee. The darker and more robust it is, the better.

4. Apyl

Apyl New Member

I LOVE the smell of coffee, but can't drink it. I've tried here and there over the years but every time it makes me sick to my stomach :(

5. JohnWalters

JohnWalters New Member

I've known people like that. In college I had a roommate that liked to wake up to the smell but never drank it.

6. PF

Well havasu what are you drinking right now? Same brand over and over or do you branch out?

7. SarahBeth

SarahBeth New Member

I am more of a flavored coffee person, so guess you'd say a coffee drink. I like regular coffee strong enough to know it is coffee and not flavored water.

8. PF

What do you like?

9. PF

I saw Gevalia was on sale for all you Texas locals.

10. havasu

havasu Banned

I've branched out. I use to be a Folger's only coffee guy. Now, I've branched out and look for a rich smelling, bold dark coffee. This week it is a 5 pound bag of Daily Chef...100% arabica beans. I also now grind my own beans. That smell from grinding is better than any other smell, early in the morning.

11. PF

When's the next time you're going to Hawaii? Bring back Kona!

12. havasu

havasu Banned

You should pick up another order from Mattius, our Costa Rican friend!

13. Brice

Brice New Member

Has anyone tried the Panamanian coffee? Someone I knew traveled there went and fell in love with their coffee.

14. havasu

havasu Banned

I don't know if I have tried coffee from Panama, but I bet it is delicious.

15. PF

With that community offline I would be hesitant to ask, but I will see what he says.

I have not, but will keep an eye out for it.

16. crabapple

crabapple New Member

I work at a coffee & spice plant & tried everything they make.
    Do not like the hazelnut. I drink cinnamon pastry,french vanilla,caramel creme, but mostly medium or dark roast coffee.
    My DW likes instant coffee drink lines.
    I like Nicaragua coffee best, fell in love with the whole country the week I was there.
    I also drink Greek & Middle Eastern coffee that I get at yearly festival.
    The Central Americans make their coffee rich, dark & strong, but I love it for some reason.
    I believe you should eat the local cuisine, even if you do not drink the water.
    I had no problem, was not sick & it was less hot then here in South Carolina, it was a dry heat.

As for Arabica beans, most teas & coffee are a blend, because some are bitter & others taste like soil when left as a solo bean. Most companies use a few cheap filler beans in their blend, no matter what they tell you.
    Even the $10.00-$20.00 a pounds coffee. True Kona is a blend of different kona's, so it is a blend of kona.
    It cost is high be cause it is only grown on one little Volcano & when crop falls below a limit, you can be without any for the year.
    It is my understanding that there are 6 or so coffee in this group that are very costly.
    But I do not purchase coffee for my company, so most of this is hear say,second hand.
    Feel free to add your two cents worth.

17. PF

Where's the plant located? I've always wanted to tour one.

18. crabapple

crabapple New Member

Columbia,South Carolina. Their are two coffee plants here in the midland, the other is StarBucks.

19. glock26USMC

glock26USMC New Member

Love coffee ..... Will drink just about any kind