What did you do this Weekend?

Discussion in 'Off Topic' started by PF, Sep 30, 2013.

1. PF

PF Administrator Staff Member

So what did everyone do this weekend?

We had my Daughter's sixth birthday at Chuck E. Cheeses. Fun was had by all.

Only one kid out of 21 in her class showed up, but the party was 45 minutes north of town so that's what I'm blaming the poor attendance on.

Anyway you look at it though it was a good time and I look forward to going back.

2. havasu

havasu Banned

Only one kid? That is so sad. I hope your daughter didn't notice too closely.

Me, I went skeet and trap shooting and enjoyed it alot. If it wasn't so expensive, I think I could do this on a daily basis.

3. CesumPec

CesumPec New Member

Happy Birthday Austin's DDD

This weekend? Ughhhh...I sat on the toilet. Sorry, TMI. Stomach virus.

4. PF

She didn't. This was her first non family party, but my entire family showed up so I don't think she noticed at all.

I felt bad for her, but she was as happy as could be.

I feel you on that one. I have a sinus infection, but I got to it quickly so I'm already on the mend.

5. Andi

Andi New Member

For the first time (in a very long time), I had the weekend to myself.

My husband had a meeting, the kids and grandbabies were off to the beach and other places.

I was rather lost! :eek: (but got a lot of things done ... like fall cleaning :rolleyes:)

6. PF

That's nice! I find myself reading when that happens. I never realized how often I don't get to sit down and read till I have time to!

7. havasu

havasu Banned

I never seem to have the concentration to just sit and read. Must be my OCD.

8. Andi

Andi New Member

I love to read ... While cleaning I did have to check some the magazines that had come in.

It is time to come up with a new project... (shhh, don't tell my hubby ;))

9. PF

But you can sit at a monitor for hours at a time right? To me it's one in the same.

I'm having the same issue. I need a new interest.

10. PF

This weekend I burned off 500 pounds of brush easy. Fires started Saturday and did not go out till Monday night.

11. havasu

havasu Banned

Did the kids enjoy looking at the fire? I know I would.

12. PF

My son likes it a little too much. He watches me cook and so he doesn't understand why he can get close to one heat element but not another.

13. PF

I got some great time in with my brother and we made smores.

I like smores, but man, they are a little to sweet.

14. havasu

havasu Banned

Yeah, for some reason those Smores just don't hit the spot for me either. Way too sweet. I like plain old marshmallows roasted on an open fire, very dark brown in color.

15. PF

I like those too, but light. My FIL burned the heck out of his and says he loves it. I don't get that.

16. havasu

havasu Banned

Burn the skin, peel and eat it, then you have a smaller marshmallow to burn. The gift that keeps on giving.

17. PF

I make "marshmallow jackets" where I roast the same one over and over and take of the crispy outside. It's my favorite part anyways.

18. crabapple

crabapple New Member

Made 20 gallons of ice(tea) to for the less fortunate.
    Went to a lot of parties & eat many sweets, started the storage shed project.
    Walked the land to see if the deer are moving, checked the fences.
    Garlic & green look good, need to put in the onions.

Last edited: Dec 27, 2013
  19. PF

20 gallons of ice? Do you mean rice?

20. crabapple

crabapple New Member

20 gallons of ice TEA, I mean tea,guess I was thinking ahead of my hunt & pick.
    Some of my son's friends are helping with the less fortunate children in the school system.
    My son said he would help with the tea, all I really did was pay the bill, he did the work & was 5:00 pm getting to his Gran mother to eat Christmas dinner. They delivered 69 dinners on Christmas day.